The Nova Scotia International Student Program brings students from around the world to Nova Scotia public schools to learn our language and culture. Be an integral part of a student’s learning experience– become a host family.
This is a great opportunity for your family to experience and share culture first hand. Your family will be matched up with a student and they will participate in your daily family routines.
- Host Families receive a tax free monthly stipend to help cover the cost of food and any extra transportation expense
- Students stay for periods of 2 to 10 months
- Ongoing support is provided by an experienced Homestay Coordinator
- You will learn about and communicate with your student before arrival
- Host Families are asked to provide a private bedroom, 3 balanced meals a day and inclusion in family activities
Visit our website for more information: www.nsisp.ca
For more information on how to become a host family for an international student at Charles P Allen High School please contact:
Marina LeBlanc (Homestay Coordinator) at 902-717-3781 or email@example.com