ANNOUNCEMENTS Tuesday, February 21, 2017
Could the following students please see Ms. Morgan in the library ASAP to return their SCI 10 textbook: Clare Bennet-Gibbs, Caleb Carter, Brett Delorey, Fatemeh Khezerpour, Jax Khoury, Hannah Leblanc, Justin Lienaux, John Pickett, Gina Whelan, Michael Young.
Grad Photos – Don’t miss out! Grad photos will be taken here on March 2 & March 3. Sign up for an appointment time at http://calnenphotography.setmore.com/ . Students are asked to sign up during study blocks or lunch. Sitting fee is $15 but will be waived if you don’t wish to purchase a package.
GRADS 2017 SCHOLARSHIP INFO – scholarship deadlines are posted on the bulletin board outside the guidance office. Please check the scholarship booklet http://www.cpa.ednet.ns.ca/guidance/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/SCHOLARSHIP-BOOKLET-2016-2017.pdf which can be found on the CPA Guidance website. The details regarding value, eligibility, deadlines, etc. for ALL of the scholarships, listed on the bulletin board, can be found there. Check it out!!!
RBC Aboriginal Students Awards Program – You are eligible to apply to the RBC Aboriginal Student Awards Program if you are a Status Indian*, a Non-status Indian, Inuit or Métis and meet these criteria:
- You are a permanent resident or citizen of Canada
- You have applied or are currently attending an accredited post-secondary institution in Canada
- You maintain a full course load that leads to a recognized degree, certificate or diploma
- You have at least two years remaining in your post-secondary studies as of September 2017
- You require financial assistance to pursue your education
Application Process- To be eligible, applications and supporting documents are to be received by RBC by 11:59 pm EST on February 28th, 2017. If selected, the applicant must provide proof of her/his acceptance to university or college and eligible status by July 31st, 2017. If you cannot confirm your acceptance by July 31st, 2017, RBC reserves the right to disqualify you for that academic year and to select another applicant. You may reapply for the following academic year. Completed application package must contain:
- FULLY completed application form
- COPY of your most current transcript LETTER of recommendation from a teacher, employer, or member of your community.