Attention Potential Graduates – the University of St. Andrews (Scotland) will be at CPA today (Monday, September 28) at lunch in the library to answer all your studying in the UK questions. Tomorrow (Tuesday)finds the Army reserves in the same time and place. Wednesday Carleton University will be at CPA and finally UBC on Thursday to round out the week.
Keep abreast of all things post-secondary by checking out the guidance website, following us on twitter, or perusing the bulletin board outside the guidance office. Grade 11 students are also invited to share in the fun.
Potential Graduates, there are now many post-secondary institutions booking their visits to CPA. keep an eye on our guidance calendar and follow us on Twitter @cpaguidance for up-to-date information.
The BMO Centre is looking for skate monitors for after school and some weekends; anyone interested should see Mr. O’Reilly in Student Services for more information.
Grade 12 students, if you wish to have your scholarship offers published in the graduation program, please bring copies of these offers to Ms. Lowe in Room 242.
Any students that have been accepted and are attending Saint Mary’s University in September and wish to pick their courses. SMU will be here on Tuesday, May 5th in the computer lab. Come to guidance (room 242) to pick up your package and to sign up for the course selection session.
Attention grade 12s! There will be a Grad Breakfast/Assembly during 1st block on Monday, April 13th. Here’s what you need to know:
- Breakfast is FREE! You will receive a breakfast ticket during B Block (last class) on Friday. This ticket will give you your breakfast and your name will be entered into a draw for some prizes (including at chance to win your prom ticket!!)
- You should line up to get your breakfast and get seated in the cafetorium as soon as you arrive on Monday as the assembly begins promptly at 9:20.
- There is important information about all things graduation, prom, scholarships/awards, etc. You will also be giving an information package which includes your application to graduate form and prom contract at the end of the assembly. Please make sure you get one as you exit the cafetorium.
Click here to view the Course Selection Book for the 2015-2016 year.
Students interested in attending St, Thomas University in the fall please note that they will be here at CPA on Tuesday Feb 10th at 1:30 in guidance to do on the spot admissions. Sign up in guidance if interested.
Grade 11 and 12 students interested in NSCAD please note that they have their portfolio day on February 21st. It is an information session and portfolio preview event for applicants and parents. You can tour the school, discuss your portfolio with faculty and explore their programs. Sign up on line.
On Wednesday, January 28th Bell will donate 5¢ more to mental health initiatives for every:
- Text Message Received (by Bell or Bell Aliant Customers)
- Mobile & Long Distance Call Made
- Tweet using #BellLetsTalk
- Facebook Image Share
For more information, visit letstalk.bell.ca
If you need to talk, there are many supports within our school including:
- Guidance Office (Room 242)
- Youth Health Centre (Room 209)
Visit these links to youth support websites.