Waste Water Nova Scotia Society, a not-for-profit organization of persons engaged in the on-site sewage industry in Nova Scotia, is sponsoring three annual awards to support students with an interest in on-site wastewater systems. Bursaries are available to paid-up 2018 members of WWNS and their immediate families. To apply click here.
Are you starting to stress about the upcoming exams? Are you unsure how to study?
Sign up for Exam Bootcamp Now in the Guidance Office.
Dates for Bootcamp are Monday January 15th until Thursday January 18th at lunch hour in the third floor conference room.
We hope to see you there!
Parents/guardians, mark your calendars for an informative talk about the teenage brain, helping your teen deal with stressful situations, anxiety, depression and managing difficult emotions. Dr. Ayala Gorodzinsky, Ph.D, will be at C.P. Allen High School on Wednesday, January 17th at 7:00 pm. All parents/guardians are welcome to attend.
In order to be considered for the Schulich scholarship, students must be applying for a post-secondary Science, Technology, Engineering or Math program at one of the 20 participating Canadian Universities. They must have academic excellence, outstanding community, business or entrepreneurial leadership, and have financial need. Interested students must submit a resume and brief paragraph stating how they meet the above criteria. This must be submitted to the Guidance Department by end of day January 12 to be eligible to be selected as the one Schulich Leader Nominee for Charles P. Allen High School.
For more information please visit: http://www.schulichleaders.com/
Grade 12 Students: IODE Bursary Applications are now available through in guidance. Value = $500
Amount of Scholarship
The $1,000 scholarship will be awarded in each of the five regions of Canada:
- British Columbia
- The Prairies and Territories
- Atlantic Canada
- The scholarship is open only to young women students who are enrolled in a Canadian secondary school.
- The student can be in any year of study in secondary school.
- Applicants should be students who are making a contribution to their school’s leadership teams or student councils.
Your submission must include the following elements.
- In a cover letter, please answer the following questions:
- Tell us how you have been involved in school activities related to student council or leadership activities (100 words)
- What is the value and/or benefits to society of having women in politics? (350 words)
- According to you, how can we increase women’s participation in local government? (350 words)
Two written references are required:
- One (1) from a personal friend or relative, and
- One (1) from a school instructor.
- (Facultative) We also encourage you to submit a summary of your application in a 2-min video
- Length: Maximum of 2 minutes per video, in the official language of your choice (English or French)
- Guiding questions: See the essay questions above
- Please film in landscape mode and HD format: If filmed with smartphone, please make sure that the smartphone is in horizontal position
- Send us your final through wetransfer.com. Your file should be named as follows: Last Name-First Name_YourHighSchoolGrade, i.e.: AAAA-BBBB_1
December 15, 2017
Please send your writing submissions by email at firstname.lastname@example.org to the attention of the Women in Local Government Project Officer, Standing Committee on Increasing Women’s Participation in Municipal Government.
Please send your video (facultative) to email@example.com through wetransfer.com.
Deadline: December 31st, 2017
To be eligible for this award, applicants must be graduating from high school in June 2018 and entering their first year of full-time studies in an Engineering Program at a University in Atlantic Canada in September 2018.
Online application available at: http://ns.cfns-fcne.ca/?page_id=193
200th Anniversary Entrance Award:
Any female student who intends to pursue Engineering at Dalhousie University and wishes to be nominated for a $1000 entrance award is asked to make an appointment with your guidance counsellor.
The CPA guidance team will be hosting a Parent/Post-Secondary evening on Wednesday, November 29, 2017 and we invite all parents from the CPA community to attend. Click here for all the details.