Amount of Scholarship
The $1,000 scholarship will be awarded in each of the five regions of Canada:
- British Columbia
- The Prairies and Territories
- Atlantic Canada
- The scholarship is open only to young women students who are enrolled in a Canadian secondary school.
- The student can be in any year of study in secondary school.
- Applicants should be students who are making a contribution to their school’s leadership teams or student councils.
Your submission must include the following elements.
- In a cover letter, please answer the following questions:
- Tell us how you have been involved in school activities related to student council or leadership activities (100 words)
- What is the value and/or benefits to society of having women in politics? (350 words)
- According to you, how can we increase women’s participation in local government? (350 words)
Two written references are required:
- One (1) from a personal friend or relative, and
- One (1) from a school instructor.
- (Facultative) We also encourage you to submit a summary of your application in a 2-min video
- Length: Maximum of 2 minutes per video, in the official language of your choice (English or French)
- Guiding questions: See the essay questions above
- Please film in landscape mode and HD format: If filmed with smartphone, please make sure that the smartphone is in horizontal position
- Send us your final through wetransfer.com. Your file should be named as follows: Last Name-First Name_YourHighSchoolGrade, i.e.: AAAA-BBBB_1
December 15, 2017
Please send your writing submissions by email at firstname.lastname@example.org to the attention of the Women in Local Government Project Officer, Standing Committee on Increasing Women’s Participation in Municipal Government.